This Day in History on 4th June
On this page, we will list all historical events that have occurred on 4th June. The students can refer them while preparing for all competitive exams and banking exams.
- International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression (International)
- National Unity Day (Hungary)
- Tiananmen Square Protests of 1989 Memorial Day (International)
- 1903: Gandhiji established the weekly journal “”Indian Opinion”” organised at Phoenix farm near Dur
- 1972: First Environment Day.
- 1926: Dalai Lama introduces a tax on ears for Tibetans to equip the army. Those with only one ear will pay half the tax.
- 1941: National Seva Dal was established.
- 1947: Hindi daily ‘Nai Duniya’ started publication at Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
- 1953: University of Cambridge confers honorary Doctorate of Laws on J. L. Nehru.
- 1955: Ministry of Iron & Steel inaugurated.
- 1958: The three-men Indian Mountaineering group successfully climbed the high Peak in the Garhwal Hills Range.
- 1959: Chakravarti Rajagopalachari opposed the Socialist Policies of Indian National Congress and founded Swatantra Party along with Ranga.
Birthday / Anniversary:
- 1936: Nutan, film actress, was born.
- 1902: Richard Allen, India, field hockey goal tender (Olympic-gold-1928), was born.
- 1912: Alungal Mathai Thomas, social reformer, politician and diplomat, was born at Kurikad, Kerala.
- 1904: Bhagat Puran Singh, Indian publisher, environmentalist, and philanthropist (d. 1992)
Death / Death Anniversary:
- 1932: Mahendranath Gupt, follower of Ramkrishna Paramhans, passed away.
1947: Dharmanand Damodar Kosambi, internationally famous Pandit ofBuddhism, passed away.
- 1986: Masti Vyanktesh Iyengar, famous Kannad author and Gyanpeeth Puraskar awardee, passed away.