This Day in History on 3 June
The historical events hold a lot of value for aspirants who are sitting for UPSC competitive exams including that of the IAS Exam.
On this page, we will list all historical events that have occurred on 3 June. The students can refer them while preparing for all competitive exams and banking exams.
- Mabo Day (Australia)
- Opium Suppression Movement Day (Taiwan)
- World Clubfoot Day
- 1984: Operation Blue Star, a military offensive, is launched by the Indian government at Harmandir Sahib, also known as the Golden Temple, the holiest shrine for Sikhs, in Amritsar. The operation continues until June 6, with casualties, most of them civilians, in excess of 5,000.
Birthday / Anniversary:
- 1890: Baburao Painter, Indian actor, director, producer, and screenwriter (d. 1954)
- 1924: Karunanidhi, Indian screenwriter, and politician, 3rd Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- 1930: George Fernandes, Indian journalist, and politician, Minister of Defence for India
Death / Death Anniversary:
- 2011: Bhajan Lal, Indian politician, 6th Chief Minister of Haryana (b. 1930)
- 2013: Atul Chitnis, German-Indian technologist
and journalist (b. 1962)