This Day in History on 25 April
On this page, we will list all historical events that have occurred on 25th April. The students can refer them while preparing for all competitive exams and banking exams.
- Anzac Day (Australia, New Zealand)
- Freedom Day (Portugal)
- Liberation Day (Italy)
- Flag Day (Swaziland)
- 1707: A coalition of England, the Netherlands and Portugal is defeated by a Franco-Spanish army at Almansa (Spain) in the War of the Spanish Succession.
- 1792: “La Marseillaise” (the French national anthem) is composed by Claude Joseph Rouget de Lisle.
- 1829: Charles Fremantle arrives in HMS Challenger off the coast of modern-day Western Australia prior to declaring the Swan River Colony for the United Kingdom.
- 1859: British and French engineers break ground for the Suez Canal.
- 1982: Colored television launch
Birthday / Anniversary:
- 1961: Dinesh D’Souza, Indian-American journalist and author
- 1964: R. P. N. Singh, Indian politician
- 1228: Conrad IV of Germany (d. 1254)
- 1284: Edward II of England (d. 1327)
Death / Death Anniversary:
- 2005: Swami Ranganathananda, Indian monk and educator (b. 1908)
- 1185: Emperor Antoku of Japan (b. 1178)
- 1295: Sancho IV of Castile (b. 1258)
- 1644: Chongzhen Emperor of China (b. 1611)
- 1740: Bajirao Peshwa I
- 1840: Siméon Denis Poisson, French mathematician and physicist (b. 1781)