January February March April May June July August September October November December
On this page, we will list all historical events that have occurred on 22nd March. The students can refer them while preparing for all competitive exams and banking exams.
World Water Day:
This day is celebrated all over the word to highlight the water-related issues. In 1993, the United Nations General Assembly designated 22 March as the first World Water Day. The day focuses attention on the importance of universal access to clean water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) facilities in developing countries. The day also focuses on advocating for the sustainable management of freshwater resources.
- 1912: The State of Bihar, India was carved out of the State of Bengal.
- 1739: Nader Shah occupies Delhi in India and sacks the city, stealing the jewels of the Peacock Throne.
Birthday / Anniversary:
- 1868: Robert Andrews Millikan, American experimental physicist
- 1931: Burton Richter, Nobel Prize-winning American physicist
- 1797: William I, German Emperor (d. 1888)
Death / Death Anniversary:
- 1977: A. K. Gopalan, Indian educator and politician (b. 1904)
- 2007: U. G. Krishnamurti, Indian-Italian philosopher and educator (b. 1918)
- 2014: Yashwant Vithoba Chittal, Indian author (b. 1928)