January February March April May June July August September October November December
On this page, we will list all historical events that have occurred on 21st March. The students can refer them while preparing for all competitive exams and banking exams.
- International Day of Forests
- World Poetry Day: This day was declared by UNESCO (the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) in 1999. The purpose of the day is to promote the reading, writing, publishing and teaching of poetry throughout the world.
- Australia’s Harmony Day
- Mother’s Day (Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan)
- Namibia’s Independence Day
- Human Rights Day (South Africa)
- International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination
- Equinox: An equinox is a moment in which the plane of Earth’s equator passes through the centre of the Sun, which occurs twice each year, around 20 March and 23 September. On an equinox, day and night are of approximately equal duration all over the planet.
Birthday / Anniversary:
- 1916: Ustad Bismillah Khan, the shehnai maestro, was born on this day.
- 1887: M. N. Roy, Indian philosopher and politician (d. 1954)
- 1923: Nirmala Srivastava, the Indian religious leader, founded Sahaja Yoga (d. 2011)
Death / Death Anniversary:
2003: Shivani, Indian author (b. 1923)