This Day in History on 20th March
The historical events hold a lot of value for aspirants who are sitting for UPSC competitive exams including that of the IAS Exam.
On this page, we will list all historical events that have occurred on 20th March. The students can refer them while preparing for all competitive exams and banking exams.
- Independence Day, Tunisia
- United Nations French Language Day
- 1956 : Tunisia gains independence from France.
- 1602: The Dutch East India Company is established.
- 1915: Albert Einstein publishes his general theory of relativity
- 1927: Mahad Satyagraha was a satyagraha led by B. R. Ambedkar.
- 1854: The Republican Party of the United States is organized in Ripon, Wisconsin.
Birthday / Anniversary:
- 1920: Vasant Shankar Kanetkar, Marathi Playwrite and novelist.
- 1957: Kangana Ranaut, Indian actress
- 1966: Alka Yagnik, Indian playback singer.
- 1908: Michael Redgrave, English actor and director (d. 1985)
- 1828: Henrik Ibsen, Norwegian poet, playwright, and director (d. 1906)
Death / Death Anniversary:
- 1351: Sultan Muhmmad Bin Tughlaq
- 1956: Bal Sitaram Mardhekar, Marathi writer
- 1726: Isaac Newton, English physicist, mathematician, astronomer, and philosopher (b. 1642)