This Day in History on 19th March
The historical events hold a lot of value for aspirants who are sitting for UPSC competitive exams including that of the IAS Exam.
On this page, we will list all historical events that have occurred on 19th March. The students can refer them while preparing for all competitive exams and banking exams.
- 1842: Gopal Hari Deshmukh (Lokhitvadi) started writing ‘Shatshat’.
- 1962: Raja Kelkar Museum in Pune was opened to the public.
- 1972: India-Bangladesh friendship agreement was signed.
- 1932: The Sydney Harbor Bridge was formally opened.
Birthday / Anniversary:
- 1954 : Indu Shahani, educationist and Sheriff of Mumbai.
- 1938: Sai Parānjpye is a movie director and a screenwriter
- 1936: Ursula Andress, Swiss model and actress
- 1900: Jean Frederic Joliot
- 1897: Shankar Vishnu Chandekar ,‘Dada’ Chandekar – film composer
- 1821: Richard Francis Burton, English soldier, geographer, and diplomat (d. 1890)
Death / Death Anniversary:
- 1978: M. A. Ayyangar, Indian lawyer and politician, 2nd Speaker of the Lok Sabha (b. 1891)
- 1982: J. B. Kripalani, Indian lawyer and politician (b. 1888)
- 1998: E. M. S. Namboodiripad, Indian theorist and politician, 1st Chief Minister of Kerala (b. 1909)
- 2008: Sir Arthur Charles Clarke, CBE, FRAS was a British science fiction writer, science writer and futurist.