This Day in History on 18th March
The historical events hold a lot of value for aspirants who are sitting for UPSC competitive exams including that of the IAS Exam.
On this page, we will list all historical events that have occurred on 18th March. The students can refer them while preparing for all competitive exams and banking exams.
- 1922: Mahatma Gandhi was imprisoned for 6 years for Non-Cooperation Movement
- 1850: Henry Wells and William Fargo said ‘founded American Express
- 1944: Azad Hind Sena led by Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose hoisted the tricolor on the northeast border of India by entering through Myanmar (Formerly Burma).
Birthday / Anniversary:
- 1594: Shahaji Raje Bhonsle
- 1938: Shashi Kapoor, Indian Actor and producer
- 1948: Eknath Solkar, Indian cricketer (d. 2005)
- 1858: Rudolf Diesel, German engineer, invented the Diesel engine (d. 1913)
- 1869: Neville Chamberlain, English businessman and politician, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
- 1989: Shreevats Goswami, Indian cricketer
Death / Death Anniversary:
- 1871: Augustus De Morgan, Indian-English mathematician and academic (b. 1806)
- 2007: Bob Woolmer, Indian-English cricketer, coach, and sportscaster (b. 1948)
- 2001: Vishwanath Nageshkar, Indian painter