January February March April May June July August September October November December
On this page, we will list all historical events that have occurred on 17th February. The students can refer them while preparing for all competitive exams and banking exams.
Saint Patrick’s Day Of Irland
- 1997: Air-conditioned taxi service launched in Mumbai
- 1969: Golda Meir was an Israeli teacher, kibbutznik, stateswoman and politician and the fourth electedPrime Minister of Israel.
- 1958: Vanguard 1 (ID: 1958-Beta 2) was the fourth artificial Earth orbital satellite launched It was the first satellite to be solar powered.
Birthday / Anniversary:
- 1920: Sheikh Mujibur Rahman (1st and 4th President of Bangladesh)
- 1864: Joseph Baptista, Indian engineer, lawyer, and politician
- 1909: Ramchandra Narayan Dandekar (1909– 2001) was an Indologist and Vedic scholar
- 1962: Kalpana Chawla, Indian-American engineer and astronaut (d. 2003)
- 1975: Puneeth Rajkumar, Indian actor, singer, and producer
- 1990: Saina Nehwal, Indian Badminton Player
Death / Death Anniversary:
- 1957: Ramon del Fierro Magsaysay, seventh President of the
Republic of the Philippines
- 1956: Irène Joliot-Curie, French physicist and chemist, Nobel Prize laureate (b. 1897)
- 1910: Anutai Wagh – Social Worker
- 1882: Vishnushastri Chiplunkar was a Marathi writer
- 1782: Daniel Bernoulli, Dutch-Swiss mathematician and physicist (b. 1700)