January February March April May June July August September October November December
On this page, we will list all historical events that have occurred on 16th March. The students can refer them while preparing for all competitive exams and banking exams.
- 1992: Satyajit Ray, who was awarded the Oscar prize.
- 2001: Nelson Mandela awarded by the Gandhi Peace Prize
Birthday / Anniversary:
- 1910 – Iftikhar Ali Khan Pataudi, Indian-English cricketer and politician, 8th Nawab of Pataudi (d. 1952)
- 1936 – Bhaskar Chandavarkar – Music composer (died July 26, 2009)
- 1921 – Fahad – King of Saudi Arabia (Death: 1 August 2008)
- 1901 – P. B. Gajendragadkar- 7th Chief Justice of India (Death: 12 June 1981)
Death / Death Anniversary:
- 1945 – Ganesh Damodar Sawarkar
- 2007 – Manjurul Islam- Cricketer Of Bangladesh