This Day in History on 11th March
The historical events hold a lot of value for aspirants who are sitting for UPSC competitive exams including that of the IAS Exam.
On this page, we will list all historical events that have occurred on 11th March. The students can refer them while preparing for all competitive exams and banking exams.
- 1824 – The United States Department of War creates the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
- 1917 – World War I: Mesopotamian campaign: Baghdad falls to Anglo-Indian forces commanded by General Stanley Maude.
- 1999 – Infosys becomes the first Indian company listed on the NASDAQ stock exchange.
- 1886 – Anandibai Joshee: First Indian Woman to Qualify as a Doctor in USA
Birthday / Anniversary:
Death / Death Anniversary:
- 1955 – Alexander Fleming, Scottish biologist, pharmacologist, and botanist, Nobel Prize laureate (b. 1881)