This Day in History on 10th March
The historical events hold a lot of value for aspirants who are sitting for UPSC competitive exams including that of the IAS Exam.
On this page, we will list all historical events that have occurred on 10th March. The students can refer them while preparing for all competitive exams and banking exams.
- 1922 – Mahatma Gandhi is arrested in India, tried for sedition, and sentenced to six years in prison, only to be released after nearly two years for an appendicitis operation.
Birthday / Anniversary:
- 1932 – Udupi Ramachandra Rao, Indian physicist and engineer
- 1939 – Asghar Ali Engineer
- 1945 – Madhavrao Scindia, Indian politician, Indian Minister of Railways (d. 2001), Indian activist and author (d. 2013)
Death / Death Anniversary:
- 1897 – Savitribai Phule, Indian poet and activist (b. 1831)