This Day in History on 11th June
January February March April May June July August September October November December
On this page, we will list all historical events that have occurred on 11th June. The students can refer them while preparing for all competitive exams and banking exams.
- Davis Day (Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada)
- Kamehameha Day (Hawaii, United States)
- Student Day (Honduras)
- 1930: A cyclonic storm blew a train off the rails near Himmatnagar, Gujarat, killing at least one person and injuring much more.
- 1946: Viceroy interviewed Gandhiji, and mooted proposal of Coalition Government at Centre.
- 1964: Dr. Jayant Narlikar, great mathematician of India, submitted his thesis to Royal Society of London.
- 1976: Indira Gandhi and Brezhnev sign the Moscow Declaration of Friendship and Cooperation.
Birthday / Anniversary:
- 1815: Julia Margaret Cameron, Indian-Sri Lankan photographer (d. 1879)
- 1897: Ram Prasad Bismil, the Indian activist, founded the Hindustan Republican Association (d. 1927)
- 1948: Lalu Prasad Yadav, Indian politician, 20th Chief Minister of Bihar
- 1901: Pramathanath Bishi, professor, and Hindi writer were born.
- 1907: Shantilal Jivanlal Gandhi, the famous Hindi writer, was born in Mehmadabad, Gujarat.
- 1921: Snehlata, the social reformer, and politician were born at Mathura, U.P.
- 1931: Purushottam Vishnu Behre, great editor, story and novel writer, was born.
- 1932: Minu Modi, the famous industrialist, was born.
Death / Death Anniversary:
- 1962: Chhabi Biswas, Indian actor, and director (b. 1900)
- 1983: Ghanshyam Das Birla, Indian businessman and
politician (b. 1894)
- 2013: Vidya Charan Shukla, Indian politician, Indian Minister of External Affairs (b. 1929)
- 2000: Rajesh Pilot, Congress(I) leader and former Union Minister, died in a road accident in his home constituency, Dausa.