|Full Name||Francis Rawdon-Hastings, 1st Marquess of Hastings|
|Born:||9 December 1754 County Down, Kingdom of Ireland|
|Died:||28 November 1826 (aged 71) At sea off Naples|
|Office||Governor General of British India:1813-1823|
Notable Works of Lord Hastings
• Anglo-Nepal War (1814-16) & Treaty of Sagauli.
• 3rd Maratha War (1817-19) and of Maratha Confederacy dissolution.
• Strife with Pindaris (1817-18)
• Treaty with Sindhia (1817)
• Treaty of Sangli (1816)
• Treaty of Poona (1817)
• Ryotwari System – Thomas Munro (Gov. of Madras) (1820)
His tenure is known for a policy of intervention and war. Two important wars viz. Gurkha War and Third Anglo Maratha war occurred during his tenure. He simplified the judicial proceedings and abolished the Censorship Act.
Francis Rawdon-Hastings, 1st Marquess of Hastings