- The maximum strength of Rajya Sabha to be 250
- Out of 250, 12 members are nominated by the President and 238 are representatives of the States and of the two Union Territories.
- The members nominated by the President are persons having special knowledge or practical experience in respect
- Limits the maximum strength of the House of the People or the Lok Sabha to552.
- Out of 552, 530 members are elected to represent the States.
- Upto 20 members are elected to represent the Union Territories and
- Not more than 2 members of the Anglo-Indian Community to be nominated by the Hon’ble President to the House of People, if, in his/her opinion, that community is not adequately represented in the House.
- The number of seats in the Legislative Assembly of each State to consist of not more than 500 and.
- Not less than 60, members chosen by direct election from territorial constituencies in the State.
- The total number of members in the Legislative Council of a State shall not exceed one-third of the total number of members in the Legislative Assembly of that State.
- The total number of members in the Legislative Council of a State shall in no case be less than 40.
Empowers the Governor to nominate one member of the Anglo-Indian community to the Legislative Assembly of the State if in his opinion the community is not adequately represented therein.