✳️ International Day for the Abolition of Slavery is observed on December 2 every year.
🔸 It marks the date of the adoption of the UN Convention for the Suppression of the Traffic in Persons and of the Exploitation of the Prostitution of Others in 1949.
✳️ World Computer Literacy Day is observed on 2 December every year.
🔸 It was launched by Indian computer company NIIT to mark its 20th anniversary in 2001
🔸 The theme for 2021 is “Literacy for human-centered recovery: Narrowing the digital divide”.
✳️ December 1 is observed as World AIDS Day across the globe to spread awareness about the disease.
🔸 AIDS stands for Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome.
🔸 Also termed as HIV or the Human Immunodeficiency Virus.
🔸 The theme of World AIDS Day 2021 is: ‘End inequalities. End AIDS. End pandemics!. It was first observed in 1988.
✳️ The Border Security Force celebrated its 57th Raising Day on 1 December 2021.
🔸 The Border Security Force (BSF), India’s central armed police force, was established on December 1, 1965.
✳️ Lieutenant General Manoj Kumar Mago has taken over as the 34th Commandant of National Defence College (NDC), New Delhi.
🔸 He has been awarded Yudh Seva Medal and Sena Medal (twice) for his distinguished services.
✳️ Tata Power Company’s wholly-owned subsidiary Tata Power Solar Systems has received a Letter of Award (LOA) from Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI).
🔸 It will build India’s largest utility-scale BESS (Battery Energy Storage System) project and a 100 MW EPC solar project.
✳️ Gujarat becomes largest manufacturing hub in the country
🔸Gujarat displaced Maharashtra state.
🔸 Rajasthan and Telangana were among the worst performer states which were already among the top ten.
🔸 Maharashtra continues to lead as the nation’s biggest services hub.
✳️ Renowned Telugu lyricist Sirivennela Seetharama Sastry passed away in November 2021.
🔸 He was awarded the Padma Shri in 2019.
🔸 He rose to popularity with his song Vidhatha Thalapuna for K Viswanath’s 1986 film Sirivennela.
- TRIFED has organized the Tribes India Conclave in association with which ministry?
Ans. foreign Ministry
- Which state has announced to do “Street Project” at selected places in seven districts out of tourist places?
- Senior bureaucrat Vivek Jehri has been appointed as the chairman of which board?
Ans. Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs
- Which edition of India Young Water Professionals program has been launched through virtual medium?
- Which state’s police has officially launched “Call Your Cope” mobile app for the citizens?
- A medical technology start-up based in which state has won the “Startup India Grand Challenge 2021” in the medical device category?
- Which day is celebrated around the world on 1st December?
Ans. world AIDS Day
8. Whose foundation day is celebrated all over India on 8.1 December?
Ans. Border Security Force Raising Day
- Which country has launched “Future Soldier” modernization plan to increase its military presence in the world?
Ans. United Kingdom
- Which country has become the world’s newest republic after Queen Elizabeth’s reign ended?