The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) holds a competitive examination named Engineering Services Examination (ESE).
UPSC ESE Syllabus
- General Ability Test Syllabus
- Category I: Civil Engineering
- Category II: Mechanical Engineering
- Category III: Electrical Engineering
- Category IV: Electronics & Communication Engineering
General Ability Test
Part A: General English
The question paper in General English is designed to test your understanding of English and workmanlike use of words.
Part B: General Studies
The paper in General Studies includes knowledge of current events and of such matters as of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The paper also includes questions on History of India and Geography of a nature which you should be able to answer without special study.