The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) is the state agency authorized to conduct the Civil Services Examination for entry-level appointments to the various Civil Services of Uttar Pradesh. The agency’s charter is granted by the Constitution of India. Articles 315 to 323 of Part XIV of the constitution, titled Services Under the Union and the States, provide for a Public Service Commission for the Union and for each state.
UPPSC Exam Calendar 2018: Check Here
|UPPSC Combined State/ Upper Subordinate Services (Prelims) 2018:||24 June 2018|
|UPPSC Additional Private Secretary Exam 2018:||10 June 2018|
|UPPSC UP Judicial Services Civil Judge Prelims 2018:||13 May 2018|
|UPPSC Assistant Forest Conservator / Range Forest Officer Mains Exam 2017:||20 May 2018|
|UPPSC Assistant Lecturer Cadre Exam 2018:||6 May 2018|
|UPPSC Divisional Inspector Exam 2018:||15 April 2018|
|UPPSC Assistant Officer/ Assistant Review Officer Prelims 2018:||8 April 2018|
|UPPSC Combined State/ Upper Subordinate Services Main Exam 2017:||17 March 2018|
|UPPSC Assistant Statistical Officer Screening Exam 2014:||11 March 2018|
|UPPSC Lecturer Government Inter College (Screening) Exam 2017:||25 February 2018|
|UPPSC Additional Private Secretary (Computer knowledge) Exam 2013:||11 February 2018|
Different posts under UPPSC are
- Deputy Collector
- Deputy Superintendent of Police
- Block Development Officer, Assistant
- Regional Transport Officer
- Assistant Commissioner (Commercial Tax)
- District Commandant Home Guard
- Treasury Officer/Accounts Officer (Treasury)
- Cane Inspector and Assistant Sugar Commissioner
- Superintendent Jail
- Manager Credit (Small Industries),
- Manager Marketing and Economic Survey (Small Industries)
- Executive Officer Grade-I/Assistant Nagar Ayukta
- District Basic Education Officer/Associate DIOS
- Assistant Director Industries (Marketing)
- Assistant Labour Commissioner
- Senior Lecturer DIET
- Designated Officer
- Assistant Commissioner Industries
- Statistical Officer
- Assistant Accounts Officer
- (Treasury)Commercial Tax Officer
- District Minority Welfare Officer
- District Food Marketing Officer
List of Examinations Conducted by the U.P. Public Service Commission time to time.(Direct recruitment through interviews only as per the service rules of various posts)
- Combined State/Upper Subordinate Preliminary Examination.
- Combined State/Upper Subordinate Main Examination.
- Combined State/Lower Subordinate Examination.
- R.O/A.R.O Preliminary Examination (Only for the Commission)
- R.O/A.R.O Main Examination(Only for the Commission)
- A.P.S. Examination(Only for the Commission)
- Assistant Registrar Examination
- Combined State Engineering Examination.
- U.P. Nyayic Seva (Junior Division) Examination
- Assistant Prosecuting Officer Examination
UPPSC Eligibility Criteria
- A Candidate must be the citizen of India.
Age Limit for UPPSC:
- Candidates must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have crossed the age of 40 years on 01-07-2014, i.e. they must not have been born earlier than 2nd July 1974 and not later than July 1, 1993. For PH candidates, the maximum age limit is 55 years i.e. they must not have been born before 02 July 1959.
Relaxation in Upper Age Limit:
- Upper age limit shall be greater by five years for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes of U.P., Scheduled Tribes of U.P., and Other Backward Classes of U.P., Skilled players of classified Games and State Govt. employees of U.P. i.e. they must not have been born before 2nd July 1969. (Only domiciled persons in U.P. are entitled to such age relaxation).
- Upper age limit shall be greater by fifteen years for physically disabled persons of U.P. if identified posts are available. Candidates of this category who are applicant for the office of Deputy Collector in U.P. Civil Service (Executive Branch) shall be required to submit a certificate issued by the Chief Medical Officer of their District to the effect that physical disability is not of such kind which may affect the proper discharge of the duties of the post.
- Upper age limit shall also be greater by five years in Group ‘B’ seats for the Emergency Commissioned Officers / Short Service Commissioned Officers / Ex-Army Personnel’s of U.P.who have rendered at least five years’ service in Army, but there shall be no reservation for Group ‘B’ posts. In the case of availability of Group ‘C’ posts in the Examination, the Age relaxation and reservation shall be given according to Rule. No relaxation is admissible in upper age limit for D.F.F. Candidates.
Male candidates who are married and have more than one wife living and female candidates who have married a person already having a wife shall not be eligible unless the Hon.Governor has granted an exemption from this condition.
Physical Measurements will be applicable according to Service Rules/requisitions, in a case of availability of posts e.g. Dy. Superintendent of Police, Superintendent of Jail, District Commandant Home Guards, etc.
UPPSC Exam Pattern
UPPSC Paper Pattern for Preliminary Exam:
There will be objective type questions on the following main topics:
- Current Affairs relating to national and international events
- General Knowledge on the following: Indian Geography and World Geography, Indian Constitution and Governing Systems, Issues in the Environment and Ecology, General Science, Economics, and Social Development issues, etc.
The candidates will be required to answer all the questions in this paper.
Total Marks: 200
Total Time Allotted: two hours
Blind Candidates will be given an additional time of 20 minutes for each paper. The question paper will consist of questions in both the languages- English and Hindi. Only the questions in the English language on Comprehension will be asked in English only.
UPPSC Paper Pattern for Mains Exam:
It consists of 6 papers which include general type questions from the following sections as given below.
There will be two sections in this paper having questions on the following main topics:
Section I: Essay (200 Marks)
Part II: English Comprehension and English Précis (100 Marks)
The questions asked will be based on the High School/ Class 11th level only.
There are objective type questions on the GS (General Studies) having questions on the following main topics:
Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of World and Society
Total Marks: 250
This is the second paper of GS (General Studies) on the following main topics:
Constitution, Polity, Social Justice, Indian Heritage and Culture and World & Society
Total Marks: 250
This is the third paper of GS (General Studies) having questions on the following main topics:
Economic Development, Disaster Management, Technology, Environment, Bio-Diversity and Security
Total Marks: 250
This is the fourth paper of GS (General Studies) having questions on the following main topics:
Integrity and Aptitude and Ethics
Total marks: 250
This is the optional subject paper which includes questions on the concerned subject as chosen by the candidate for this paper.
Total Marks: 250
This will be followed by the Personality Test/ Interview which will be held for all the written qualified candidates only.
Total Marks for Written Exam: 1800
Total Marks for Interview: 275
UPPSC Optional Subjects:
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Botany Chemistry
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce and Accountancy Economics
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Science
- Political Science & International Relations
- Public Administration Sociology
List of books recommended for UPPSC exams.
- Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning books by R.S Agarwal.
- Objective General English by S.P Bakshi
- NCERT Books
- For Current Affairs refer Pratiyogita Darpan magazine
- Phrasal Verbs Dictionary (English) 2nd Edition by Cambridge Dictionary
- For All Competitive Exams Idioms & Phrases (English) 2nd Edition by Roshan Tolani
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC)
10 Kasturba Gandhi Marg,
Allahabad – 211018
UPPSC Official website is http://www.uppsc.org.in
List of latest jobs published by the UPPSC
BROWSE UTTAR PRADESH PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION JOBS