It is a health programme for adolescents, which focuses on age groups 10-19 years with universal coverage
Key Principles are adolescent participation and leadership, Equity and inclusion, Gender Equity and strategic partnerships with other sectors and stakeholders.
Focus areas –
- .Improve nutrition – Reduce the prevalence of malnutrition and iron-deficiency anaemia (IDA) among adolescent girls and boys.
- Improve sexual and reproductive health
- Enhance mental health
- Prevent injuries and violence
- Prevent substance misuse
- Address Non-Communicable diseases such as hypertension, stroke, cardio-vascular diseases and diabetes.
- Thus it envisions enabling all adolescents in India to realize their full potential by making informed and responsible decisions related to their health and well-being and by accessing the services.