The Odisha Public Service Commission was constituted on 1st April, 1949 after it’s bifurcation from the former Bihar and Odisha Joint Public Service Commission.The Commission has acquired varied experiences and expertise in the matter of selection of personnel to various services of the Government of Odisha during its functioning for more than five decades. It has also gone a long way in achieving the purpose of drawing the best personnel for the public services of Odisha.
ODISHA PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
19, DR. P.K. PARIJA ROAD
Telephon Nos : 0671 – 2305611,2304141
Fax Nos : 0671 – 2301807,2304125
The name Odisha is derived from word ‘Odra Vishaya’ or ‘Odra Desa’. Odisha is located in eastern India. Odisha was made into a separate province on 1 April 1936.
Important Facts :
- The Jagannath temple kitchen is reputed to be the Largest kitchen in the world, with 400 cooks working around 200 hearths to feed over 10,000 people each day.
- Odisha became the first state to enact the Lokayukta Bill law after the central act was passed in Parliament.
- World’s highest electrified track is situated at Odisha in Jakhapura-Daitari section.
- Largest Brackish Water Lagoon, Chilka lake in Odisha,
- Sun Temple of Kornak is World Heritage Site.
|Chief Minister||Naveen Patnaik|
|Area||1,55,707 km^2 ( Rank = 9th )|
|Population||41,974,218 ( Rank = 11th )|
|State Animal||Sambar Deer|
|State Bird||Indian Roller|
|State Tree||Indian fig tree|
|Famous Dams||Indravati River – Indravati Dam|
Mahanadi River – Hirakud Dam
|Famous Airports||Biju Patnaik International Airport ( Bhubaneswar )|
|Famous Stadiums||Barabati Stadium – Cuttack|
|Thermal Power Plants||Talcher Super Thermal Power Station|
Sterlite Jharsuguda Power Station
|Famous Temple||Konark Sun Temple|
|Cities with nickname||Bhubaneswar – Temple City of India|
|National Parks/WLS||Chilka Sanctuary|
Similipal National Park
Bhitarkanika National Park