The Odisha Public Service Commission was constituted on 1st April, 1949 after it’s bifurcation from the former Bihar and Odisha Joint Public Service Commission.The Commission has acquired varied experiences and expertise in the matter of selection of personnel to various services of the Government of Odisha during its functioning for more than five decades. It has also gone a long way in achieving the purpose of drawing the best personnel for the public services of Odisha.
ODISHA PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
19, DR. P.K. PARIJA ROAD
Telephon Nos : 0671 – 2305611,2304141
Fax Nos : 0671 – 2301807,2304125
The name Odisha is derived from
Important Facts :
- The Jagannath temple kitchen is reputed to be the Largest kitchen in the world, with 400 cooks working around 200 hearths to feed over 10,000 people each day.
- Odisha became the first state to enact the Lokayukta Bill law after the central act was passed in Parliament.
- World’s highest electrified track is situated at Odisha in Jakhapura-Daitari section.
- Largest Brackish Water Lagoon, Chilka lake in Odisha,
- Sun Temple of Kornak is World Heritage Site.
|1,55,707 km^2 ( Rank = 9th )
|41,974,218 ( Rank = 11th )
|Indian fig tree
|Indravati River – Indravati Dam
Mahanadi River – Hirakud Dam
|Biju Patnaik International Airport ( Bhubaneswar )
|Barabati Stadium – Cuttack
|Thermal Power Plants
|Talcher Super Thermal Power Station
Sterlite Jharsuguda Power Station
|Konark Sun Temple
|Cities with nickname
|Bhubaneswar – Temple City of India
Similipal National Park
Bhitarkanika National Park