This Day in History on 8 June
The historical events hold a lot of value for aspirants who are sitting for UPSC competitive exams including that of the IAS Exam.
On this page, we will list all historical events that have occurred on 8 June. The students can refer them while preparing for all competitive exams and banking exams.
- World Oceans Day
- 1915: Geeta Rahasya’, written by Lokmanya Tilak, published.
- 1936: Akashwani Radio was later changed into All India Radio (AIR) in 1958.
- 1948: Malabar Princess’, Air India’s first international flight, takes off from Bombay to London via Cairo and Geneva. This was weekly air service was started between India to United Kingdom.
- 1990′: Krishna Prasad Bhattarai, Nepal PM, and his Indian counterpart V.P.Singh decide to restore normal ties.
- 1915: Tilak’s release from Mandalay’s prison
Birthday / Anniversary:
- 1915: Kayyar Kinhanna Rai, Indian journalist, author, and poet (
Death / Death Anniversary:
1968: Madurai Mani Iyyer, famous singer of Karnataka Gharana, passed away.