This Day in History on 8 June
January February March April May June July August September October November December
On this page, we will list all historical events that have occurred on 8th June. The students can refer them while preparing for all competitive exams and banking exams.
- World Oceans Day
- 1915: Geeta Rahasya’, written by Lokmanya Tilak, published.
- 1936: Akashwani Radio was later changed into All India Radio (AIR) in 1958.
- 1948: Malabar Princess’, Air India’s first international flight, takes off from Bombay to London via Cairo and Geneva. This was weekly air service was started between India to United Kingdom.
- 1990′: Krishna Prasad Bhattarai, Nepal PM, and his Indian counterpart V.P.Singh decide to restore normal ties.
- 1915: Tilak’s release from Mandalay’s prison
Birthday / Anniversary:
- 1915: Kayyar Kinhanna Rai, Indian journalist, author, and poet (
- 1975: Shilpa Shetty, Indian actress, and producer
- 1897: Manindranath Basu, the Bengali story writer, and novelist was born.
- 1906: Syed Nazir Ali, cricketer (bro of Wazir Ali, India’s 1st Test 1932), born at Jullunder.
- 1915: P.C.Kuttikrishnan ‘Urub’, Malayalam story writer and novelist, was born.
- 1929: Ventappa Musandra Muddiah, cricketer (Indian off-spinner in 2 Tests 1959-61), was born in Bangalore.
Death / Death Anniversary:
1968: Madurai Mani Iyyer, famous singer of Karnataka Gharana, passed away.