This Day in History on 7th March
The historical events hold a lot of value for aspirants who are sitting for UPSC competitive exams including that of the IAS Exam.
On this page, we will list all historical events that have occurred on 7th March. The students can refer them while preparing for all competitive exams and banking exams.
Albania Teacher’s Day
- 1799 – Napoleon Bonaparte captures Jaffa in Palestine and his troops proceed to kill more than 2,000 Albanian captives.
- 2006 – The terrorist organisation Lashkar-e-Taiba coordinates a series of bombings in Varanasi, India.
- 2007 – The British House of Commons votes to make the upper chamber, the House of Lords, 100% elected.
Birthday / Anniversary:
- 1911 – Sachchidananda Vatsyayan, Indian journalist and author (d. 1987)
- 1949 – Ghulam Nabi Azad, Indian politician, Indian Minister of Health and Family Welfare
Death / Death Anniversary:
- 1952 – Paramahansa Yogananda, Indian guru and philosopher (b. 1893)
- 1961 – Govind Ballabh Pant, Indian lawyer and politician, 2nd Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh (b. 1887)
- 1969 – Sampurnanand, Indian educator and politician, 2nd Governor of Rajasthan (b. 1891)
- 2012 – Ravi, Indian director and composer (b. 1926)
- 2015 – G. Karthikeyan, Indian lawyer and politician (b. 1949)