About Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT)
The Civil Services (Preliminary) was named as the Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT). The CSAT is the qualifying exam conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year to select candidates for Civil Services Main Exam. Those who pass the Mains Exam and Interview can join prestigious Indian government services such as IAS, IPS, etc.
CSAT is traditionally conducted every year in May. CSAT paper 1 will be conducted in the morning session and CSAT paper 2 will be conducted in the afternoon.
UPSC CSAT – Table of Contents
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Fee
- Number of Attempts
- How to Apply
- Admit Card
- Selection Procedure
The candidate should be between 21 years to 32 years as on the 1st August of the year of exam. Age relaxation will be as per the government rules.
The applying candidates should have bachelor degree in any field from recognized University. Candidates who are appearing in final year examination may also apply.
Number of Attempts allowed in CSAT
– The General category or OBC applicants have to pay Rs 100 application fee.
– SC / ST / PH / Women aspirants are exempted from the payment.
How to Apply?
- The candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria can apply online through the official website http://www.upsconline.nic.in(link is external).
- On the home page press on the link as “Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC”.
- Then, select the name of the examination and fill the online application form with the required details.
- Upload your scanned passport size photograph and signature in a proper manner and submit the form.
- Pay the application fee and click on the submit button.
- At last, take a print out of duly filled form for future reference.
UPSC CSAT Exam Pattern
|General Studies Paper – I||200 Marks|
|General Studies Paper – II||200 Marks|
Negative Marking in CSAT
Important Note: There is negative marking for incorrect answers for all questions. If you give a wrong answer, one-third of marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.. Negative marking is not applicable for some of the questions. read more here. If you give a wrong answer, one-third of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
UPSC CSAT Admit Card
The CSAT Admit card will be available for downloading on official web portal of UPSC before exam. Candidates have to visit official site in regular way for latest updates about CSAT admit card. The Admit card can download using the registration Id, which was obtained during application procedure. Find best air conditioning repair in temecula.
UPSC CSAT Results
The result of CSAT will be uploaded by UPSC after declaration on the official site – http://www.upsconline.nic.in. The Candidates who appeared in CSAT can check their performance using their CSAT roll no, take a look and find coworking space disinfection. and dob from the official site of UPSC.
UPSC will select eligible applicants on performance basis in Pre exam and Main exam.