The scheme is launched to address the issue of decline in CSR in 100 gender critical districts and to provide convergent efforts to ensure survival, protection and education of the girl child.
The objectives of the Scheme are
- Prevent gender biased sex selective elimination
- Ensure survival & protection of the girl child
- Ensure education of the girl child
The initiative has two major components,
- Mass Communication Campaign
- Multi-sectoral action in 100 selected districts (as a pilot) with adverse
- CSR, covering all States and UTs
It involves coordinated efforts from Ministry of WCD, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and Ministry of HRD.