Important Current affairs dated 30th March 2017 for Competitive Exams in India.
Hello Readers, We bring you another issue of current affairs that covers the important news in Current Affairs Today Section.
Current Affairs help in your preparing yourself for the various Competitive Exams in India. UPSCSuccess.com wishes all the readers best of luck. These Current Affairs coverage will help you to Score Good Marks in Competitive Exams such as UPSC, and other PSCs.
Himachal Pradesh Assembly passes Annual Budget 2017-18
- The Himachal Pradesh Assembly today passed the budget for the 2017-18 financial year and the related Appropriation Bill authorizing the state government to spend Rs 37,939 crore from the consolidated fund.
- The budget was presented to the Legislative Assembly on March 10 by Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh, who also holds the finance portfolio.
- The House discussed the demands regarding Irrigation and Public Health, and Urban development and Housing while remaining demands were passed without discussion after the Speaker applied the guillotine.
- Presenting the Budget, the Chief Minister had announced that the government will set up a Software Technology Park in Shimla and in Kangra districts while Rs 220 crore has been proposed under the State Food Subsidy scheme.
- He had announced that unemployment allowance would be increased to Rs 1,000 per month, daily wages to Rs 210 per month, capital allowance from Rs 275 to Rs 400 per month.
Parliament passes Finance Bill 2017
- Parliament has passed Finance Bill 2017 after Lok Sabha negating all the five amendments made by the Rajya Sabha.
- The bill gives effect to the financial proposals of the central government announced in the budget for the financial year 2017-18.
- Earlier, the Rajya Sabha had returned the Finance Bill 2017 to the Lok Sabha with five amendments moved by the opposition.
President to inaugurate ‘Namami Brahmaputra’ festival On 31st March 2017
- The President Pranab Mukherjee will visit Guwahati on 31st March where he will inaugurate the ‘Namami Brahmaputra’ festival.
- The five day long ‘Namami Brahmaputra’ festival is being organized by the Government of Assam with aim to strengthen the bonds among various communities of Assam.
Widows to be called ‘Kalyanis’ in MP
- The Madhya Pradesh government has announced that widows in the state will be referred to as “Kalyani’s” in all official documents and welfare related schemes.
- Meanwhile, political parties cutting across party lines have welcomed the decision of the state government.
- The state govt has stressed on the point of empowerment of women and also called for the portrayal of widows in a positive light.
Postage Stamp on ‘Cub Scouts’ released by Sh Manoj Sinha
Minister of Communications Shri Manoj Sinha today released a Postal Stamp on Cub Scouts to commemorate Centenary year of Cub Scouts in India and Abroad.
To support young people in their physical, mental and spiritual development, so that constructive role can be played by them in the society.
To contribute to the education of young people, through a value system based on the Scout Promise and Law to help build a better world where people are self-fulfilled as individuals and play a constructive role in society.
Bharat Scouts Guide had played an important role in the overall development of the country and they are also playing an active role in road and rail safety, Swachh Bharat Mission and during natural calamities apart from many developmental activities.
About Cub Scouting:
- Cub Scouting is meant for children of age group between 8 to 11 years and Cubbing involves games, stories, play acting, handicrafts and also work through the Star tests and Badges.
- On the other hand, Scouting was developed for youth between the ages of 11 and 17 to engage in activities in public parks, open spaces and wherever they found a suitable place.
Dubai to introduce robots in government services
- A new Artificial Intelligence (AI) smart lab will soon begin training government employees and private sector officials to implement AI and ‘cognitive computing’ in a wide variety of tasks that will make residents’ lives easier.
- The lab – launched on Monday during a workshop by the Smart Dubai Office and Smart Dubai Government Establishment – will begin training a batch of 200 people next month, but will later on be open to researchers, students and the general public.
- Dr Aisha bint Butti bin Bishr, Director-General of Smart Dubai Office said that,”To move towards the future, we have to redefine government and embed AI in our services. We have no choice but to embrace technology”.
- Wesam Lootah, CEO of SDG, the technology arm of Smart Dubai Office, noted that, “Unlike humans, machines can surf through hundreds of journals in a minute, be consistent across activities and avoid making mistakes”.
- AI will replace 50 per cent of all jobs by 2025.
Turkey ends its military campaign in northern Syria
- Turkey has announced end of its military campaign inside northern Syria without specifying whether it will pull its troops out from the neighbouring country.
- With this, Turkey’s half-year long offensive in Syria has been concluded successfully.
In August 21016, Turkey had launched Operation Euphrates Shield inside Syria targeting Islamic State (IS) terrorists and Syrian Kurdish militia fighters (declared as terrorists by Turkey).
- Since the onset of the unprecedented operation, Turkey-backed Syrian rebels had captured everal towns including Jarabulus, Al-Rai, Dabiq and finally Al-Bab from militants. The strategic town of Al-Bab was the terrorists’ last stronghold in the northern Syrian province of Aleppo.
Awards and Recognition
Bob Dylan finally to receive Nobel prize in Stockholm
- Music icon Bob Dylan will finally receive his Nobel Literature Prize this weekend at a meeting with the Swedish Academy in Stockholm.
- Bob Dylan will receive Nobel Prize in Literature.
About Bob Dylan:
Bob Dylan is an American songwriter, singer, artist, and writer.
Appointments & Resigns
Carrie Lam becomes first woman Chief Executive of Hong Kong
Carrie Lam is set to become the first woman Chief Executive (CE) of the Hong Kong, a special administrative region of China.
She will succeed Leung Chun-ying on July 1, 2017.
In the elections, she had won 777 votes compared with 365 for her closest rival and was backed by China.
Prior to getting electing as CE, she was the Chief Secretary for Administration of Hong Kong SAR Government (from 2012 to 2017), the senior most rank of principal officials of Hong Kong.
The CE of Hong Kong is the head and representative of the Hong Kong and also head of the Government of Hong Kong.
ISRO develops four Lithium Battery Techniques
- ISRO has developed lithium ion battery for satellite and launch vehicle applications. Four types of batteries have been developed – 1.5Ah, 5Ah, 50Ah and 100Ah.
- Out of these, 1.5Ah & 50Ah have been used for space applications and 5Ah & 100Ah batteries are qualified and is ready for induction in space applications.
- ISRO has supplied 50 Ah lithium-ion cells to Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI). Lithium-ion battery developed by ISRO was successfully demonstrated in a prototype two-wheeler at the Symposium on International Automotive Technologies (SIAT 2017) on 19th January, 2017.
- The prototype uses a 48V, 50Ah lithium-ion battery, which can attain speeds of 40-50 kmph and can run up to 98 km once charged for 2 hrs.
- Technology is ready for transfer to Indian industries for undertaking the production of Li-ion batteries. BHEL has expressed interest in the transfer of technology.
Srinath Narayanan set to become India’s 46th Grandmaster
Chennai’s Srinath Narayanan is set to become India’s 46th Grandmaster after he defeated Spanish GM David Anton Guijarro at the ongoing Sharjah Masters 2017
The 23-year-old, who had become India’s youngest FIDE-rated player in 2002 when he was just eight, also finished as joint winner in the Under-12 World Championship in 2005 in France.
Finally, Thank you for reading the 30th March 2017 Current Affairs from. Please do share this information with the social media so that your friends can benefit from it.