Important Current affairs dated 10th April 2017 for Competitive Exams in India.
Hello Readers, We bring you another issue of current affairs that covers the important news in Current Affairs Today Section.
Current Affairs help in your preparing yourself for the various Competitive Exams in India. UPSCSuccess.com wishes all the readers best of luck. These Current Affairs coverage will help you to Score Good Marks in Competitive Exams such as UPSC, and other PSCs.
AYUSH Minister Shripad Yesso Naik inaugurates the International Convention on World Homoeopathy Day in New Delhi
Minister of State (Independent Charge), for AYUSH Sh. Shripad Yesso Naik, inaugurated the National Convention on World Homoeopathy Day on 10 April 2017 at New Delhi.
The event is being organized to commemorate the 262nd birth anniversary of the founder of Homoeopathy, Dr. Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahnemann, a German physician, who was a great scholar, linguist and acclaimed scientist. A special session is also being organised to pay tribute to him.
Theme: Enhancing Quality Research in Homoeopathy through scientific evidence and rich clinical experiences.
The convention will have around five scientific sessions where experts of national and international repute shall be deliberating on key areas of homoeopathic research, strengthening college infrastructure for undertaking research along with latest trends in drug validation, prognostic factor research, role in public health and epidemics by means of high quality research including NABH accreditation of homoeopathic hospitals.
The main objective of sessions is to educate all stake holders to understand the intricacies of Homeopathic research and to provide adequate exposure of quality research environment to medical colleges, practioners, clinicians and researchers.
Rajnath Chairs 11th Standing Committee Meet of Interstate Council
- The Union Home Minister, Shri Rajnath Singh chaired the 11th Standing Committee meeting of the Inter-State Council.
- The 11th Standing Committee meeting of the council will discuss the recommendations of the Punchhi Commission on Center-State relations.
- Its major agenda is the role of governors, centrally sponsored schemes and financial transfers from center to the states, creation of a unified agricultural market
- Measures to involve States more closely in planning and delivery of services.
- Steps to be taken to make the Inter State council more dynamic and measures towards better fiscal management by the centre and states.
PM Modi launched Mahatma Gandhi exhibition, marking 100 years of Champaran Satyagraha
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch a special digital exhibition on ‘ Bapu Ko Karyanjali – Re-envisioning the Champaran Satyagraha on its 100th anniversary at National Archives in New Delhi.
- April 2017 marks the centenary of the Champaran Satyagraha – Mahatma Gandhi’s first Satyagraha in India.
- M Venkaiah Naidu – Minister for Information & Broadcasting, released the three books to mark 100 years of Champaran Satyagraha – ’Gandhi in Champaran’, ‘Romain Rolland and Gandhi Correspondence’ and “Mahatma Series (8 volumes)”
Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina embarks on four-day India visit
- Prime Minister of Bangladesh, Sheikh Hasina was on an official visit to India from 7th to 10th April 2017
- In a bid to strengthen bilateral ties, India and Bangladesh signed 22 agreements for cooperation in various areas viz. civil nuclear cooperation, cyber security, media, judicial sector, peaceful uses of outer space, defence, information technology, electronics and transport connectivity.
- After comprehensive talks between Prime Ministers of India and Bangladesh, India announced $4.5 billion line of credit for development projects in Bangladesh.
India Mongolia Military Exercise kicks off in Mizoram
- A 14-day India-Mongolia military training exercise training has started at Vairengte in Mizoram.
- Mangolian Army is represented by 9 officers and 36 soldiers of the elite 84 Special Forces Task Battalion while Indian contingent comprises 3 officers 4 Junior Commissioned officers and 39 soldiers of Jammu and Kashmir Rifles.
- The training encompasses important aspects like convoy protection, room intervention drills, ambush/counter-ambush drills while jointly conducting counter-terrorist operations under the United Nations mandate.
Banking and Finance
FINO Paytech inks deal with ICICI group companies to distribute insurance products
- Fino Paytech, which just received the Reserve Bank of India’s licence to launch a payments bank, has inked a deal with ICICI group companies to distribute insurance products and tied up with Exide Life insurance to sell products via its distribution channel.
- Fino Payments Bank will sell life and general insurance products of ICICI Prudential and ICICI Lombard.
- The payments bank will launch its operations with 3-4 products including current and savings account, business correspondent lending, remittances and insurance.
- The bank will also offer a bouquet of products related with mobile recharge and bill payments which is currently offered though Fino Money Mart.The bank is still devising strategy on the sale of mutual products via its branches.
Awards and Recognition
Judge Tej Bahadur Singh Family Court Judge Created Guinness World Record – 6065 Cases in 327 Days
- The Principal Judge of the Family Court made a Guinness World Record in 327 working days with a decision on 6065 cases.
- Judge Tej Bahadur Singh says that his motive behind doing this was to read pending cases in the court and settle the cases and to give justice to the people.
- Judge Tej Bahadur Singh told the media on Friday that he made this record when the lawyers strike was going on in the district and this is the country’s biggest settlement of all cases so far, in his decisions, 903 couples were reconciled between them.
Appointments & Resigns
Ajit Kumar Srivastava & Shabri Bhattasali new CBDT member
- Ajit Kumar Srivastava and Shabri Bhattsali appointed members of Cental Board Of Direct Taxes (CBDT). It is the apex policy making body of the Income Tax Department.
- The role of CBDT is to provide inputs for policy and planning of direct taxes in the country.
- The CBDT functions under the Central Board of Revenue Act, 1963.
- It functions like Financial Action Task Force which deals in Money laundering and Black money.
- The Appointments Committee of the cabinet has approved their appointment as Members of CBDT.
India Nears No.2 Spot as Steel Producer on Record Output
- India, set to become the world’s largest steel producer after China, churned out a record amount in the year through March to feed rising local demand, while boosting exports to the highest ever.
- Output jumped 11 percent to 101.3 million metric tons and the nation was a net exporter for the first time in three years, doubling shipments to 8.2 million tons, according to provisional steel ministry data.
- India’s on course to overtake Japan as the second-biggest producer by 2019.
Spain’s First Female Defence Minister Carme Chacon Dies
- Carme Chacon Spain’s first female defence minister and she was a prominent socialist party leader has died at the age of 46.
- Chacon who was from Barcelona was a defence minister from 2008 to 2011 under PM Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero.
- She was the party’s secretary for international relations between 2014 and 2016.
- Spanish new outlets reported that she had been suffering from heart disease.
- Before taking charge of the Defense Ministry she had previously been minister of housing and a national law
Finally, Thank you for reading the 10th April 2017 Current Affairs from. Please do share this information with the social media so that your friends can benefit from it.