This Day in History on 27th April
The historical events hold a lot of value for aspirants who are sitting for UPSC competitive exams including that of the IAS Exam.
On this page, we will list all historical events that have occurred on 27th April. The students can refer them while preparing for all competitive exams and banking exams.
- Independence Day (Togo), celebrates the independence of Togo from France in 1960.
- Freedom Day (South Africa)
- 1509: Pope Julius II places the Italian state of Venice under interdict.
- 1521: Battle of Mactan: Explorer Ferdinand Magellan is killed by natives in the Philippines led by chief Lapu-Lapu.
- 1667: John Milton, blind and impoverished, sells the copyright of Paradise Lost for £10.
Birthday / Anniversary:
- 1912: Zohra Sehgal, Indian actress, dancer, and choreographer (d. 2014)
- 1976: Faisal Saif, Indian director, screenwriter, and critic
Death / Death Anniversary:
- 2009: Feroz Khan (actor), Indian Actor, Film Director & Producer (b. 1939}
- 2017: Vinod Khanna, Indian Actor, politician and priest (b. 1946)