The Commission conduct the examinations for departmental tests twice in a year for various subjects/papers in January and July in addition to the special tests conducted from time to time. The Departmental Tests conducted during this period consist of 93 papers on different subjects for the candidates belonging to various departments in the State. The Kerala Public Service Commission is a body created by the Constitution of India. The Commission advise the Government on all matters relating to civil services referred to it under Article 320 (3) of the Constitution and publish notifications inviting applications for selection to various posts as per the requisitions of the appointing authorities, conduct written test and/or practical tests, physical efficiency test and interview, prepare ranked list based on the performance of the candidates and advise candidates for appointment strictly based on their merit and observing the rules of reservation as and when vacancies are reported.
The Commission also conduct the following Special Tests in the Departmental Test Wing.
- Departmental Examination for Junior Members of I.A.S., I.P.S., and I.F.S.
- Kerala Criminal Judicial Test
- Head Computers Test
- I st Grade Surveyors and Head Surveyors Test
- Ist Grade D'man and Head D'man Test
- Departmental Test for Legal Assistants
- Departmental Test for Circle Inspectors of Police
- Departmental Test for Probationary Deputy Superintendents of Police
- Departmental Test for Assistant Commandant/Armed Police Inspector/Reserve Inspector appointed under the Special Recruitment Scheme
- Madras Departmental Tests and Special Tests
- Departmental Test for Divisional Accountants.
Kerala Public Service Commission,
Thulasi Hills, Pattom Palace P.O.,
Thiruvananthapuram 695 004
0471-2447208 (out of office hours)
0471-2554000 (Call Centre - 8 AM to 8 PM)