The Union Public Service Commission conducts a examination for the recruitment of Assistant Commandants (Group A) in the services like :
- Central Police Forces (CPF)
- Border Security Force (BSF)
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
Central Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) Examination exams are usually conducted during October every year. Prior notifications are out around May.
20-25 years as on 1st August of the year of examination.
- Degree of a recognized university or an equivalent qualification.
- Candidates appearing in the degree exam are allowed to appear at the exam but are required to submit proof of passing alongwith the Detailed Application Forms which are to be submitted after qualifying the written test, medical standards test and Physical Efficiency Tests (PET)
Male candidates are eligible for appointments in all the five Police Force (BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP, and SSB), whereas the women cadidates are eligible for CRPF and CISF only.
There are 2 papers
1) Paper I: General Ability and Intelligence - 250 Marks
The questions in this paper will be of Objective (Multiple Answers) Type in which the questions will be set in English as well as Hindi.
2) Paper II: Essay, Precis writing and comprehension (Conventional Type) of 150 Marks
In this paper candidates will be allowed the option of writing the Essay Component in English or Hindi, but the medium of Precise Writing, Comprehension Components and other communications/ language skills will be English only.
On qualifying these 2 papers, candidates have to pass physical and medical standards test. On successful completion of fitness test, candidates have to appear for Interview popularly known as Personality Test.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the Written Test, Physical Standards/ Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests and Interview/Personality Test.
Physical Standards / Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests
Candidates who are declared qualified in the written examination will be summoned for Physical Standards/ Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests.
The candidates who qualified the Medical Standards Tests will be called for Interview/Personality Test. Candidates who are declared medically unfit but allowed to appear before the “Review Medical Board” on their appeal by the Appellate Authority will be called for Interview/Personality Tests provisionally. The Interview/Personality Test will carry 150 Marks.
Candidates who are shortlisted for Interview/Personality Test, including those shortlisted for Interview/Personality Test provisionally will be issued a Detailed Application Form (DAF) in which among other things, they will be required to indicate their preference of Forces.
Final Selection / Merit
The merit list will be drawn on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination and interview/Personality Test.